Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- Type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- Date, time, and length of time you access our site;
- The Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- The pages you visit on the site; and
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to identify which information is of interest, to determine technical design specifications, to ensure the site is working properly, to ensure the site's security, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms:
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties: we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
- If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.
- Email addresses provided for the Office of the House Historian's monthly e-newsletter will be used solely for that purpose.
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep information that will collect for an unlimited period of time.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by email or web form.
For site security purposes this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic. Anyone using this system consents to the monitoring of their use by system or security personnel. Unauthorized use, tampering with or modification of this system'or its supporting hardware or software'may violate federal or other statutes and may subject the violator to criminal and civil penalties. In the event of unauthorized intrusion, all relevant information regarding possible violation of law may be provided to law enforcement officials.
Rights & Reproductions
The Office of the Clerk provides this website as a public service. The information on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified, using the citation information provided on each page.
Images on this site are provided as a contribution to education and scholarship. Unless otherwise noted, all images are from the Collection of the U.S. House of Representatives. For information regarding rights and reproduction of images, contact the Office of the Clerk's Office of Art and Archives at (202) 226-1300 or by email at email@example.com. Some images may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Do not duplicate without permission from copyright holder. Copyright information is provided whenever possible, but it is ultimately the responsibility of the user to determine and satisfy the copyright and other restrictions.
Proceedings of the U.S. House of Representatives, including any recording of such proceedings, may not be used for any political purpose or in any commercial advertisement, and may not be broadcast with commercial sponsorship except as part of a bona fide news program or public affairs documentary program.
The Office of the Clerk Web site strives to meet accessibility needs according to the Electronic And Accessibility Standards of the Access Board and the guidelines of the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), part of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). We continually monitor these sites to keep abreast of any changes in the standards and update the Clerk's site accordingly.
If you have difficulty accessing the information within this site, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Many of the electronic documents located at this site are available in Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF) and HTML.
If you have questions or comments about this notice, please contact the Office of the Clerk at email@example.com.